Our Services

It can be tricky to find the right place or person to speak to when you have a concern. If you are unsure whether your concern is with Thurcroft Parish Council, please email the Clerk by email on clerk@thurcroftparishcouncil.gov.uk.

We have put together some useful information below if your concern is with the borough council (RMBC), or you need to contact the police.

If you would like to get in contact with your borough councillors or the local Member of Parliament, their details are within 'Your Councillors' section on this website.

Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council (RMBC)

The easiest way to report something to RMBC, is by visiting www.rotherham.gov.uk and completing an online form.

Some of the services you can report online are:

  • faulty street lights, pot holes, litter and graffiti
  • abandoned vehicles, parking issues and issues affecting roads, streets and public spaces
  • fly-tipped waste
  • noise nuisance, smoke from burning, smells / light pollution
  • discarded syringes and needles
  • lost, stray or barking dogs
  • rodents and pest control
  • dead animals
  • missed bin collections, bulky item requests and bin collection schedules
  • council housing issues or any matters regarding housing, repairs or rent.

If you can't find what you're looking for online or need to speak to RMBC by telephone, call 01709 382121

RMBC Neighbourhood Team

The Neighbourhoods team brings together local councillors, partner agencies and residents like yourselves to make the local area a better place to live and work.

Samuel Kendall - Neighbourhood Coordinator
Andrea Peers - Senior Neighbourhood Coordinator

Household waste recycling centres

Your nearest household recycling centres are North Anston, Magilla, Common Road, S25 4AH and Bramley, Lidget Lane, S65 4LY.

All sites are open seven days a week, 10am to 6.30pm in summer, 10am to 4pm in winter. Please note: last entry is 15 minutes before closing. See the RMBC website before you travel for current opening hours and any restrictions that may be in place.

South Yorkshire Police

If you need to report an emergency always ring 999. To report any of the following issues telephone 101 if it is not an emergency:

  • begging
  • dealing or taking drugs
  • drinking alochol in the streets
  • gangs and youths drinking in parks
  • harassment or intimidation
  • hate crime-related graffiti (motivated by prejudice or intolerance towards a persons nationality, ethnicity, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation or disability)
  • misuse of fireworks
  • dangerous or out of control dogs
  • threatening or violent neighbour disputes
  • prostitution or indecent behaviour
  • vandalism
  • suspicious vehicles
  • hoax calls to emergency services

Follow them on Twitter @RothSouthNPT

Facebook: www.fb.com/rotherhamsouthNPT

Report online at: www.southyorks.police.uk/contact-us/report-something

You can also report a crime by ringing Crimestoppers in confidence on 0800 555 111.

Our local team for Thurcroft Parish Council is;

Clare Ahern -  PCSO (Thurcroft)
Ryan Everitt -  PC (Thurcroft)
Rebecca Deraz -  Inspector
Natalie White -  PCSO (Dinnington)
Laura Cooper -  PC (Dinnington)


South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue

The fire service offer Home Safety Checks to people who are considered to be particularly at risk of fire. To book a free home safety check visit www.syfire.gov.uk/safety-advice/request-a-visit or call 0114 253 2314.